Monday, November 10, 2008

Welcome to da islands, mon!!

Hello everyone! Life in the islands is hot and humid, but it's better then snow and ice. I have been working like a fiend and its hot and sweaty. Yes, it's a bit graphic, but true... 89 and humid... I like 110 and dry(aka... Arizona! ha ha) So hear are some pictures from the first week... don't worry, there will be more!


St Croix of the USVI, where I used to live

This is me with St. Croix in the background, flying mechanics to fix a plane


Christiansted Harbour on the north shore of St. Croix


El Yunque, the rainforest on Puerto Rico


Here is a waterspout forming NE of Puerto Rico They look cool, but can be dangerous to fly into. Luckily, they are easy to see and avoid!!

5 comments:

The Jillybean said...

That is so cool! I wish I was with you , even if it is hot and humid, of course us Georgians are used to hot and humid.

Aunt Kathy said...

Yay Katie blogged. That water spout is cool. I hate to sweat, and I am selfish I'd still rather you were gonna be here in Albany.

SimplyMe said...

okay, I know you'd prefer it hot and dry, but I'm freezin' right now, and i KNOW that's not better!

Thanks for the pics

SimplyMe said...

okay, I know you'd prefer it hot and dry, but I'm freezin' right now, and i KNOW that's not better!

Thanks for the pics

Wendy said...

I agree with AK........wish you had gotten Albany then I would be able to see you...BUT I am hapy for you that you at least have a job, and are somewhat where you want to be...I know Arizona would be more to your liking...BUT I also know you will be fine and will make the best of it...
HUGS