Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Goals

I hate new year's resolutions... it seems to doom you before you even start. So I am setting goals... baby steps to start. I want to be a more confident, happier, healthier me. So I am walking the beach at least 3 times a week, pilates 2x a week, drinking at least 70 ounces of water a day and eating healthier. I know that sounds like a lot, it does even to me now, but it's really not. i already drink a lot of water, and I track what I eat to see where i am overdoing it. This current round of exercise is new, but it's going well. I have done something every day so far. Even if it's a short walk because of time constraints. So I set little goals if I am tight on time and just try to stay active.

So here is my declaration to all of my blog readers. I will blog about my progress. It has already been positive, so I am bound to make this my lifestyle and but it will take time. I will fall off the path, but I will get back on as soon as I can. I will stay positive. I will depend on my family and friends for support. I will blog about it and hold myself accountable for all my successes. I will not focus on the negative and on defeat. We are never defeated, only side tracked... and I will get back on the horse after a side track. So I will check in again soon... I walked on the beach and did pilates yesterday... and I did pilates this morning with a friend who is a pilates instructor... awesome!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

great goals....and will be looking forward to updates