Monday, February 11, 2008

Car Trouble

So when is rains, you get wet. The CV Joint on my car was going bad. So Rob went to take it in to get fixed and it broke on the way. Luckily he got into a parking lot and a friend was following him. So AAA was called and the car was towed. The axle actually broke, I guess, and the car will be ready to go tomorrow for $170. Luckily, I have an emergency fund(just like Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey say to) to pull from. It sucks to have to use it, but that is what it is there for, I guess.

I'm still in El Paso. Making some progress on shawls for some family members, and made a crocheted, YES! I said crocheted Kitchen sponge. This is my second attempt and it was better then the first. My mom crochets and is very good at it and so are some of my friends... but I have not quite figured out crocheting, so I'm practicing. Gives me something to do when I'm stuck on the road for 5 or 6 days at a time. Oh well, back to the boredom.

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Once the crocheting clicks you will be hooked (pun intended) lol. I love crocheting, something about using one needle, I never forget and drop it on th floor, like I do knitting needles, hahahahah

I hear you about the car troubles, unfortunately I do NOT have that emergency fund. Bummer, huh?

SimplyMe said...

Nice job on the crochet. I think you're being a tad critical of your work, I think you did a lovely job. AS for the car, PTL noone was hurt and you HAVE an emergency fund. AND 170 later and you have a broken axle fixed...woman, you may be wet, but when its raining, I wanna be with you.

Mary Ann said...

Sorry to hear about your car trouble, but at least a friend was following and called AAA.

I think you did a very nice job on your crocheting. It is addicting believe me! Once you get used to it, you won't believe that you thought it was hard. Keep practicing, you're doing great!