Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Adventures in taking a taxi home...

So tonight I am heading home after a challenging day of flying in the rain... it really wasn't too bad, but it's been raining down here for 3 days straight and I'm ready to see some sun!!!! But anyway back to my story.

I grab a cab on the way home and it's only about a 5 minute ride and it's raining pretty hard. We are just coming down the ramp to leave the airport and the engine shuts off. Hmmmm.... weird. Well, the cabbie mutters something in spanish, that will not be repeated here in english(yea, i know the bad words!!! ha ha ha). He apologizes and makes a phone call. I simply smile and say it's ok. I know it sucks when your car breaks down, especially bad if its the vehicle by which you make a living, I can only imagine what he was feeling. So I wait for a few minutes while he makes some calls. Then he jumps out and flags down another taxi to take me home. I thank him and wish him "Bueno Suerte" (sorry if it's spelled wrong) But it means "good luck". The 2nd cabbie dropped me off at home and I ran to my apartment in the rain... sorry its not much more exciting, but I wanted to share that with you all...

And it's still raining! Here's to sunny skies tomorrow!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Hey Katie the add after your post today was for Yellow Cab... that's funny huh? I am heading out today and hopefully can find some cotton blend for you. {{smile}}