Monday, June 9, 2008

W5, D1 & W5, D2

So I ran W5, D1 the day I left for Australia. Then I didn't run while I was there... I really did mean to, but I was having too much fun. We did lots of hiking and tons and tons of walking, so I was very active just not running and training.

So I was prepared to have to go back and redo week 4... so I went to the gym and prepared... I started running and when I got to the stopping point for Week 4, I was feeling really good, so I kept running. I did Week 5, Day 1 again after 2 weeks of no training. I was pumped!!!

So W5, D2 is an 8 minute run, 5 minute walk and another 8 minute run. I don't think I have run for 8 minutes straight in my whole life. Well, I did it. I ran my first 8 minutes and it was hard. But then I walked my 5 minutes and was ready for round 2... well, I have made it a habit of trying to run as long as possible on my last run of each day... it might be 30 seconds, it might be over a minute... depends on the day... I ran for 11 MINUTES!!!! 11!!!! Oh my gosh!! i was so pumped... So tomorrow is W5, D3... it's a 20 minute run... I'm nervous, but I am going to give it my best... whew... here we go!!! 20 minutes... here I come!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I know you can do it, you have the determination....(just think of someone doing something really stupid and you are chasing them down) Well I do not care what the weather report says, the air WILL be going back on today..Have a great day.........BIG HUGS..

Aunt Kathy said...

Ha Katie the only thing running around here is my nose. hahahahahahah