Monday, April 14, 2008

Couch to 5k

So, I have decided to get into shape... learn to like exercise... yea, easier said then done. I ran a 5k about 5 years ago and liked the challenge. There is a program called Couch to 5k. starts out with intervals... building up your endurance to run a 5k over 8 or 9 weeks. Well, I'm going to blog my journey.

Today was Week 1, Day 2. You walk for 5 min to warm up. Run for 60 seconds, walk for 90, over and over again... then walk 5 to cool down. It wasn't too bad. It was gorgeous down here in El Paso, so i ran outside... I love the desert!! LOVE THE DESERT!!!! So each day I'm going to blog about my journey. You do the same workout 3 times in a week. They slowly get harder, with longer running intervals and less walking intervals... I hope I can do it!! i hope it can also help me lose the weight I gained again... so depressing... but I'm being proactive about it and hope to see results... I know it's working, cuz my legs hurt!! Oh with the journey!!

Have I mentioned I love the desert?? I DO DO DO DO love the desert!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Good Luck.....If you need a little encouragement I will be here.....Never got to see the desert except on tv....but I think I would love it too....Have fun in the SUN....